Design Engineer 1
Franklin Armory® is expanding and in need of a full-time Design Engineer 1. As a Design Engineer 1, you will coordinate with the Chief of Design to assist with new products and parts. A mechanical aptitude and critical thinking skills are a must. This position is at our New Minden, NV facility.
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering preferred or an associate’s degree with a concentration in a related area with 3+ years of related experience.
- Mechanically inclined with a good working attitude, a self-starter
- Has strong experience in cad work
- Prior experience in reverse engineering preferred
- prior experience with Siemens NX preferred
- Experience with manual/CNC machining
- Vendor communications/relations
- ANSI/ASME drafting
- Prior experience as a manufacturing engineer preferred
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Have a working knowledge of common hand tools
- Must be drug-free
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with machinery with moving parts.
- Maintain the highest level of safety and cleanliness in and around the production and assembly areas
- Performing visual and mechanical checks to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Communicate with the chief of design regarding potential issues that could affect product quality and safety including equipment and product issues
- Ensure that all documentation is correct including quantities and other records
- Report defective parts/equipment or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Must be present in regular attendance and have a flexible work schedule
- Ensure compliance with legal- and company ordinances in his/her areas of responsibility
- Maintain knowledge of QA requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of nonconforming parts
- Must be willing to learn new skills and process in his/her area of responsibility through continuing education.
- Extensive background checks are performed
We offer competitive compensation as well as health coverage for the employee. We are a growing company and look forward to working with personnel that wishes to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company, with fantastic growth potential. If you think you have what it takes, please respond via email only with your resume.
All qualified candidates please click on the link below to apply for the job opening.